Choquequirao, which in Quechua means "the golden cradle", is an archaeological site that was rediscovered in 1710 by Juan ARIAS DIAZ, and later the first description made is done by the French Eugene DE SARTIGES in 1834.
The famous Hiram BINGHAM visited the site in 1909 a few years before studying Machu Picchu. Its architecture and studies suggest that it was built during the reign of the Inca Pachacutec. To reach it, it is mandatory to go by foot (no road) from Cachora. Antipode offers this trekking in 4 days